Saturday, February 03, 2007

weekend's off to a great start

Thursday I made lunch for Adrian, and we caught up. For those of you who don't know, he's pledging Sig Ep and is president of their pledge class. And he has a super-single now. Apparently his former roommate moved to another building to be with his girlfriend (and they broke up within three days). I had lunch with Tara and spent my free afternoon doing laundry and studying. Wes and I finally watched the Legend of Zelda: Animated Series he has on DVD, and he lent me the discs so I could finish it. I've watched them all. I made my dish for Italian Night - more on that later - and dropped off a portion for Sarah as thanks for lending me her mixer, but Maddie found it first. Then I went to 80s Night with a bunch of friends and even more were there.

Yesterday after class I slept away the afternoon. Then I went over to Becca's for the ITALIAN POTLUCK DINNER we planned in honor of Giada De Laurentiis, whom we both love. I was impressed with everyone's cooking. The menu:
  • two kinds of bruschetta
  • salad with parmesan crusted broccoli and cauliflower
  • garlic bread
  • stuffed mushrooms
  • cinnamon gnocchi
  • sausage pizza
  • two kinds of lasagna
  • several kinds of pasta
  • chicken parmesan
  • and I made a strawberry tiramisu
Also, like we did on Thanksgiving, we went around the room and everyone said what they were thankful for. But this time the things had to be specifically Italian. After dinner, everyone waddled away to various things and some of us hung around, chatted, and drank too much wine. After that, a few of us decided to go out. There was a brief interlude of Nicole walking around Aron quad with a glass of wine and my knife block, looking like a serial killer, while waiting for Will. We all went to my apartment for a bit, and Becca joined us. Nate had woken up, and Nicole had one of my two favorite quotes of the night when she invited him to Bruno's / introduced herself:

"Put your pants on, and let's go! How many guys have I said THAT to??? Oh and my name is Nicole."

On the way to Bruno's, Will had my other favorite quote of the night:

"Well with Top Chef, I can't eat the food... but with Project Runway, I can wear the dresses... So..."

But at least we all agree that Top Design sucks.

I brought out my waterproof cards since last time Nicole and I were at Bruno's (with Carter and Peter even) we ruined a deck playing Kings. This time we ruined the game by not remembering all the rules and by letting two obnoxious drunks play. But it was still fun. After a little Photo Hunt and another round, we called it quits.

No pics yet but here are some screen captures of that dvd.

Princess Zelda, Ganon, and (my hero) Link

the Triforces of Wisdom and of Power

No comments: