Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tornado Tuesday Two

Today was like the epitome of New Orleans weather rapidly shifting from gross to gorgeous. Apparently the tornado scared all the clouds away because the rest of today was sunny and in the 70s.

I went and got my haircut this morning, and, had Aidan Gill's fine barbershop not been packed and busy, would have gotten their "perfect shave." (I've never considered it before, but since this morning I could shower, brush my teeth, floss, mouthwash, and even put in my contacts but still NOT shave, it seemed it like a good time to consider it.) Luckily for my wallet, neither I nor the place had the time considering I hadn't made an appointment in advance.

I was almost late to my terrorism class, but then it was canceled along with the classes for the rest of the day. Awesome. Becca and I (and others) finally made good on our sushi date plans and then went to Creole Creamery for ice cream after. Then she and I went to the levee (which was more packed than I've ever seen it) and then to the park to enjoy the sunlight.

That worked out well considering that my regular lunch with Tara and regular dinner with Ben were both rain-checked due to scheduling conflicts. (Unrelated but picture uploads have also been rain-checked due to the lack of electricity and internet.)

When I got back here, finding the power restored, I did laundry and studied until going to the mall with Sylvia for a little bit. Good times.

I don't want to go back to class tomorrow.

No comments: