Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Tornado Tuesday

So I went to bed this morning around three, and I could hear the tornado (which is not a hurricane, mystery-text-sender) outside. I fell asleep but heard my fan turn off, indicating a loss of power. Whatever. I was asleep. Then Adrian called at 4:30 to make sure I was alright and to tell me to call Mom and Dad and assure them the same. Personally I’d be more alarmed by a call at 4:30 in a morning than the opposite. Adrian told me he was “safe” and “at Snake and Jake’s.” An ironic combination. They couldn't have their Christmas lights on but were still serving their patrons. New Orleans!

I couldn’t get back to sleep after that, so around 6:30 I decided to go for a jog. When I got back from Audubon Park, I noticed the UC was lit up. Great! I went in and as I was buying breakfast, I asked the TUPD officer if all the power was back. “Just here and the academic buildings.” (Emphasis added by me.)

What the fuck, Tulane? The emergency website has the nerve to say:

Power has been restored to the uptown campus. Everyone is expected to report to their usual work and class schedules.

First, it’s a college campus so technically every building is academic. Secondly, power hasn't been restored. Thanks David, I wouldn’t have thought to check the website. Anyway we couldn’t without electricity or the internet. And thanks Viralyne for looking it up for him.

I’m going off-campus again. Please God, bring power back for real before I return. I really love italics this morning.

No comments: