Saturday, February 03, 2007

I need a dream analyst.

Or at least I need a dream dictionary? This may be the most bizarre dream I've ever had that I remember.

Let me stress that this is a dream lest anyone who's skimming this entry mistake it for reality:

ONCE UPON A TIME... some of my friends and I are going to attend a wedding, which I know is NOT in Chicago or in Illinois. The reason I know the non-location is because David, Gisela, and Mike are all with me, and they all have homes in Chicago but not in this new mystery city. But apparently I have a new apartment there. Let's just refer to it as Marinopolis from now on. For kicks.

The aforementioned three, Stephanie, and Wes all arrive at my apartment with bags. So we now know that Marinopolis is not in Baltimore or West Virginia. Since I seem to have no fucking clue the way the city is laid out... It's certainly not New Orleans or DC. (Why I moved to a city I know nothing about is beyond me.) Shannon also shows up, but she has her car? So maybe Shannon lives near here.

Okay. Well... Shannon might move to Texas or Arizona, but Marinopolis can't be there because it's currently freezing. (I guess this dream is taking place one year in the future?) So it's certainly not in those states. I would guess that it's Jacque and Jason's wedding since they don't make an appearance, but it's way too F-ing cold to be Miami. Also their wedding is set for August, so it would have taken place by now probably. And if it took place in Michigan, Tara and Rachel would have shown up. So... David, Gisela, and Shannon are with me. So hopefully it's not any of their weddings? It's not Lauren and Sonny's wedding because their relationship ended with that whole "I want a vodka and soda, I really have no clue what that means" episode the other weekend. It's also not Becca and Matt's because Becca would never allow a wedding in this climate.

At this point, I can only think of one more possibility. Maybe it's Jenna and Jerry's wedding? No. They moved to the middle of nowhere, certainly not a city like Marinopolis. And again this place is way too cold to be in Tennessee or Louisiana. I give up.

So everyone's loving my new apartment, which as we walk through turns out to be a loft. And it's large, and modern, and beautiful, and well-furnished, and spacious. David muses that this would have come in really handy for "last Mardi Gras." And I muse that it wouldn't have since we're NOT IN NEW ORLEANS.

So we all hang around. Stephanie for some reason has Lauren's camera? We look through the pictures, and they're all of Sylvia and Kosmin in ridiculous poses... sadly no pose that's ridiculous/sexual enough to be compromising. So we all have a good laugh, and suddenly we're running late. For some reason, we think it's a great idea to just pack our clothes for the wedding into backpacks and just change when we get there.

(At this point in time, Shannon and Gisela, who are really nothing alike, become interchangeable even though they were separate entities before. I just remember every now and then the singular girl who was driving Shannon's car was sometimes Gisela, and everytime I was ready to call her Gisela, she was Shannon again. Whatever.)

So we stuff all these backpacks into the trunk, and then all seven of us pile into Shazela's car somehow. I guess at this point Gisela's the one in charge of driving because Shannon would never allow that many people into her car. And off we go.

We get caught in traffic. (Marinopolis is freezing with heavy traffic. Why the fuck did I move here? Those are like the two things I'd hate the most about a city. Oh yeah, I have that loft. Nevermind.)

So we pull off the interstate and stop at some random residence where Mike convinces the home owner to let us change. So we all rush into the house. Everyone changes. It turns out Wes' bag was the last one into the trunk, but he wasn't the one who closed the trunk. So his fell off? We worry and think about asking the home owner if Wes can borrow clothes. David calls his mom, who's apparently at the wedding, to see if everyone there is really dressed up. (So maybe it is David's wedding? But I hope not because we're so late that V will be more pissed than if we brought her to that Naked Sushi Joint.) Mrs. Lipps says yes, everyone is dressed up... and that we should just stop by Nordstrom and get Wes new clothes. Turns out I have an extra tux in my bag, which makes no sense because I'm a light packer and I don't even own a single tux. Whatever. We all get dressed up.

So we drive off again, and we pass by the airport because Shazela thinks it's a shortcut? I don't know. We're driving by the arrivals area, and then for some reason she loses control of the car. I'm sitting in shotgun which is beyond me because with this many people someone would have called it, and I never do. So we careen through a divider wall into the arrival pick-up lane with oncoming traffic in the opposite direction. Shazela manages to turn her miraculously undamaged car 180 degrees, and we're about to drive off and not get hit when her phone rings. She assumes it's her boyfriend Adam, or Alberto, or Adarlto. Whoever. She ANSWERS it and doesn't drive. It's a telemarketer asking her opinion on Mona's? BANG, a car rear ends us.

So now airport security is all over the place. Everyone's getting out. There's some woman in a Mona's uniform (Mona's doesn't have uniforms) with a cell phone asking if we're all right, and Shazela yells that this is all Mona's fault. Stephanie is trying to sweet-talk the officers because for some reason her elegant dress has morphed into a naughty girl scout uniform. I don't know. I give up trying to make sense of anything at this point.

The rest of us all wander over to a window looking into the airport's restaurant. Shazela sees a girl she went to high school with and HATED who is waitressing. The girl scowls at Shazela and laughs at her car. At this point, Shazela must be Shannon again because the waitress is from Maryland. Then the waitress is suddenly outside, and she looks through the window and goes "Oh my God, is that Nick Hamisevicz?!" I actually do know Nick Hamisevicz, he played soccer and graduated Gonzaga a few years before I did. But I was never good friends with him or with his brother Victor who played baseball and graduated the same year I did. In fact I haven't seen either for almost four years (five if you're counting this dream's fictional year). But surely enough, the entire Hamisevicz family is sitting down to a meal at this airport restaurant. They all wave. THE END.

If anyone has an interpretation of that (or has an Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat for that matter) let me know...

No comments: