Thursday, February 01, 2007

weight-gain Wednesday

Today was pretty much classes and a lot of eating. After my first class. I had lunch after returning my ethics book to the UC. (I dropped the class after staring at the first 300-word discussion topic for five minutes, realizing I would have to do this once a week for the rest of the semester.) More classes. David and I went shopping for Italian Night. My poor roommate almost had an aneurysm in the pasta aisle of Sav-A-Center because of a lack of gnocchi, but thank God we found some. He was in the middle of his own personal hell day/week/month/semester.

I went to the Tulane Big/Little Brother Reunion "Picnic" which ended up indoors with not that many people, but plenty of food was in attendance. Stephanie beat me to it, but [Grown Up] Sarah was still there. She commiserated with my uncertainty of what to do post-graduation and reassured me that "life sucking for a while" is completely normal. Great.

I made dinner because I realized the chicken breasts in the fridge were mine, and I didn't want them to go bad, but when I went over to Stephanie's for the Top Chef finale she gave me an extremely delicious barbeque chicken wrap. How could I say no? And I just had to sample [Roommate] Sarah's soup, which was also awesome.

After that I hurried out to meet up with Rachel to see Babel. I enjoyed it, but I could see why many people wouldn't. It is LONG. Lots of lingering shots. But it has a great cast. AMC Moviewatcher also gave me Wednesday-specific free popcorn, so I had to take it.

And since films seem to have been the focus of the past few days/entries anyway, does anyone who hasn't seen Pan's Labyrinth or who liked it enough to see it again want to go sometime in the near future? I think that's the last flick on my checklist.

Dr. Seuss says: Brad is sad.

No comments: