Sunday, April 01, 2007

chill but great night

So today was pretty laidback to recuperate from the past couple of nights. "Becky" and "Andy" hosted another potluck. All-American Night was the theme this time. It was on a smaller-scale and low-key, but the food and company were awesome.
  • barbeque chicken drumstics
  • deviled eggs
  • mac and cheese
  • cornbread
  • Bud Light
  • Sam Adams
  • apple pie
  • chocolate chip cookies
  • flag cake
Then Shannon and I went to go see The Namesake, which was really good and made me want to read the novel. I thought it'd be Meet The Parents meets Bend It Like Beckham, but it was heavier (and in my opinion better) than both. It more about entire lives than a few complicated days/weeks. I also never imagined Kal "Kumar/Taj" Penn in a serious role. T'was amazing. I got emotionally involved.

Kal Penn, Irfan Khan, Sahira Nair, and Tabu as The Ganguli Family

And on a silly note, for you V for Vendetta fans, the domino scene was not CGI like I thought. It took 200 hours of preparation by four experts armed with 22,000 dominoes.

No comments: