Monday, April 02, 2007

April Fools' Day

The highlight of today was, easily, eating. Stephanie and I took Samantha and Jeanine to Jacques-Imo's. But we forgot that it was closed on Sunday, so we went to Dante's Kitchen instead. I think I always forget how good Dante's is until I go again. I got a "crab threeway" (crab claws, lump crab meat on avocado with key lime vinaigrette, and a crab cake) for an appetizer and caramelized yellow fin tuna with soy butter sauce and merliton slaw. We all tried each others' food, and everything was delicious.

We opted for Creole Creamery for dessert, where Samantha, Jeanine, and I took on a Tchoupitoulas Sundae while Stephanie watched and was too full to eat even a spoonful. Our eight flavors were: cake batter, chocolate amaretto cheesecake, cookie monster (cookie dough and cookies and cream) Creole cream cheese, Gianduja (a dark chocolate Nutella), pink peppermint pie, raspberry sorbet, and red velvet cake. Our eight toppings were: bananas, butterscotch, caramel, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme, M&M's, nuts, and Oreos. And of course the whipped cream, sprinkles, and cherries.

I'm not sure how I finished one on my own before.

And no, nothing in the above was an April Fools' Day joke. Those Tchoupitoulas Sundaes were destroyed both times. For anyone who missed my April fools' tribute, here's a screen capture:

4/1/07 facebook profile

No comments: