Wednesday, March 07, 2007

terrific Tuesday

So Tuesday morning I found myself still up (from Monday) at two for no good reason. Then at 2:30 a good reason, namely Chad, showed up... on my buddy list I mean. We haven't had a chance to really catch up (since his move to Australia) except before Mardi Gras. So we talked for like an hour and exchanged our international cell phone numbers. (This might prove dangerous for future drinking nights.)

The unfortunate result was that I slept through my first class because, in my half-awake stupor, I set my alarm for PM instead of AM.

It was okay though. Apparently I didn't miss much. I went to my regular lunch with Tara, and we mused about our future plans... specifically Jacque's wedding. And we missed a third of our triangle.

After that, I went to screenwriting for the three fastest academic hours of my week. Good screenplays and two presentations.

Dinner with Ben as usual. He dropped me off at The Columns after for the 1718 New Orleans Reading Series. It was fantastic. Author Bev Marshall and four seniors from Loyola and Tulane. Excerpts, nonfiction, story, poetry, and prose, respectively. Lots of drinking.

I'm definitely going to future ones if anyone wants to tag along.
  • April 10th - John Biguenet
  • May 1st - Andrei Codrescu
And if I'm feeling creative and the team likes my work, maybe there will be a short story or a few poems by yours truly.

After that I wound up at Delachaise, which (for anyone else who was there for Jenna's birthday) is so NOT a lesbian bar. Four-cheese plate and duck terrine/foie gras/armanac pate; house white and house red.

I ended up talking on the phone with Gisela for a while. I'm sooo looking forward to her visit for graduation.

Whitney and Tully picked me up on the way back from Billy Joel's sold-out concert. They were too tired to go out more, so I wound up visiting with Stephen (not to be confused with Steven) a while.

Yes, you read correctly. Stephen. But it's all good. What's past is past.

No comments: