Sunday, March 25, 2007

I spent the last third of break in Panama City Beach.

THURSDAY

Shanita, LauRu (not to be confused with Lauren), and I grabbed a late breakfast/early lunch at Cracker Barrel. It was Ihita's and my first time. We approved. The price is right, and the food is tasty. Bacon, eggs, gravy, muffins, apple butter, and fried apples.

We checked into our hotel then while Ihita laid out (because apprently being Bengali doesn't make her tan enough), the rest of us went exploring. We tried to go to Hooters, for wings, but it was waaay too busy. We went to Harpoon Harry's instead and got spinach artichoke dip and buffalo wings. Our Scarlett-Johannson-looking waitress even gave us separate checks without us asking. Then we stayed for their "happy hour" from 7 to 9. Free margaritas and free beer. For two hours. So we played more C-o-D/K with my waterproof cards and got drunk. Shan and I walked back on the beach and LauRu and Ihita opted for the sidewalk. We got into the hot tub and played truth-or-truth because were too tired/lazy/drunk to do dares.

FRIDAY

Only Shannon and I got up for the free continental breakfast, but the other two joined us for a glorious morning on the beach. We went to Bishops Buffet for lunch. The waitress there gave us separate checks too, guess they're used to spring breakers. We went to Beatniks, which is a souvenir store disguised as a hippie shop. Some French guy with "gorgeous eyes" (as Shannon noted) did henna for us. Ihita got a tasteful, tiny heart on her wrist and a tramp stamp near her ass, and the rest of us got fleur de lys tattoos. Shannon's and mine on opposing shoudlers, Lauren's on her shoulder blade, which in my opinion is a really lame spot for a tat. (If you get that inside joke, I salute you.) The store also sold "white powder" and whipped cream cartridges "for food purposes only" among other goodies.

We stopped by the liquor-store/karaoke-bar that's only open from 4PM to 4AM to get some tropical mixers and then headed back to the beach. I cut my foot with a splinter, so I swabbed it with vodka, covered with a bandaid and kept on trucking.

We went to Hooters for dinner, where we had the epitome of Hooters waitresses. Her name was Angela, and she had a beautiful face, big... brains, and separate checks without request.

We climbed into the hot tub again. An eight-year-old was doing back-flips in the pool and flirting with the girls. Very cute. "The force is strong with this one."

We almost went clubbing but decided we didn't want to pay cover, so we went back to the karaoke-bar/liquor-store. There was a big black man singing "Let's Get It On," and that was awesome. Then the karaoke got more and more awful despite our drinking, so we retreated. The girls went back to their room, and I went to the hot tub and made some friends. There were other college students, and some insanely drunk 40-year-olds. One old lady's breasts kept popping out, and some douche who deduced that I was from New Orleans kept asking me to give his girlfriend beads. She kept flashing me and then another unattractive girl started doing it too, so I went for a walk with my new friend Samantha.

SATURDAY

We all got up for breakfast. I was the last to make it. We packed and checked out then spent the rest of the day at the hotel pool/bar. For some reason, we thought it would be a great idea to chug the remainder of the Bacardi handle. And for some reason, I let them convince me to do most of it, so I was drunk before noon. LauRu caught up at the bar. We went to Spicy Noodle for lunch, where we got shrimp in a horseradish cheese sauce and calamari for appetizers and split spicy chicken alfredo and spicy shrimp scampi for entrees. Then left. Sad.

No comments: