Thursday, September 14, 2006

Phillin' is the new swillin'

So now that my roommates and I have cupboards overflowing with free bulldog pint glasses, I think it's time to return attention to Phillips $5 pizza and pasta buffet, $3 martinis, and happy hour prices until midnight.

That's exactly what I did after project runway with two guys, a girl, and Skye at her place.

Rachel initiated tonight, and Alifun showed up and even almost went out more afterwards. There were lots of familiar faces there. Conrad went to swiller night, so I walked back together with him and some of his friends only to run into Adrian & Company headin' out just in time for boot o'clock.

Syyylvia will be glad to know that Jason, former owner of Press Menswear, is not only alive and well but is now the general manager of Phillips.

Apparently I'm the only (non-comm, non-polisci) student at Tulane who's not scavenging for a ticket to All The King's Men this Saturday. For those of you not in-the-know, the movie (filmed two years ago here) is having its world premiere right here on Tulane's campus. McAlister Auditorium, red carpet, celebrities, media circus, afterparty tent, etc. To drop a few names: Sean Penn, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, James Gandolfini, Mark Ruffalo and Patricia Clarkson. No Anthony Hopkins. (Otherwise I'd be way more excited.) So... does anyone want to go drinking on Saturday night instead?

I doubt she'll wear this outfit to the premiere. Too bad.

No comments: