Thursday, September 28, 2006

broker than the ten commandments

I know I haven't posted in forever. I've been busy being a "student."

So news I forgot to mention last week: H.R.H. Camille called me out of the blue, so I guess the princess got her cell phone back. She asked me to be her confirmation sponsor next year!!! I was very honored and proud to say yes. How could I ever refuse my dearest Camiltoe? I guess now I'll have to be a good person (or whatever) until June.

Last Wednesday after writing I went to Stephanie's room at midnight with some of the chicks to hang out and greet her happy birthday, and we celebrated Thursday with a cake and penis balloons. (Yeah, my friends are resourceful.) I went to 80s night with some of the girls and Bryan & Co afterwards.

Friday was the real celebration of Steph's turning 21. She, Lauren, Peter, and I went to POPEYES and it was delicious. After that, Lauren and I went to Kory and Mike's show at Jay's Bubble Tea. It was incredible... some classics from previous performances and new numbers like an audience participation one and covers of "St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion)" and Eve's "Gangsta Loving."

After that, it was off to Matt's "anything but clothes" birthday party, the concept of which was kind of purloined from Steph.

Becca and I at the party's start, and we
just can't take a bad picture together.


comments on what I was wearing:
  • "Your 'belt' makes the outfit."
  • "I'm surprised you didn't make a polo shirt."
  • "There's a crocodile on your penis."
  • "You're wearing Lacoste but no pants???"
"That girl with the fantastic boobs" showed up wearing a political statement about ending racism, and I assure you all the guys at the party felt driven to her cause... or something.

Lauren and I at night's end and just a bit drunk.

cfter changing into actual clothing, we went with Ted to St. Charles Tavern for breakfast. (I got chicken and andouille sausage hash (like corned beef hash but not) with eggs, and it was awesome.) It was four A.M. and kind of looked like...

Nighthawks, Edward Hopper, 1942

Saturday night Ben and I were supposed to go drinkin' uptown, but I acquiesed to his asking go down to the pub. It was fun enough, and I got a free drinky or two out of it. Always nice. And David who very well may be my favorite bartender ever showed me you could make hurricanes with Bacardi 151. So I got drunk obviously.

All I remember from Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday was studying and test-taking and being slightly miserable but not enough to deserve pity. (David infected both Peter and I with whatever congestion he had last week, so if you stand between our rooms you can hear the sniffling and coughing in stereo. But apparently Nate gave it to David, so it's his fault. Let's hand it off to some non-roommates.)

Tuesday afternoon I did take a looong study break. I had sushi lunch with Rachel at the bubble, spent the afternoon with lots of "reading" at the park with Tara, and then grabbed a delicious Vietnamese dinner and bubble tea at Jazmine Leaf on Carrolton St.

Like I said, lots of "reading"

I had my last test today, so I'm semi-free for a while. I watched the hour-long "previously on..." LOST episode with Whitney and then project runway with Skye and her boys. I borrowed All Dogs Go To Heaven from Whit! Was I retarded as a child because that movie was blatantly set in New Orleans and I only realized it tonight???

No comments: