Monday, September 18, 2006

lost weekend / found food

This was a ridiculously amazing weekend. I sat a lot and ate even more. Don't read this on an empty stomach. It might make you hungry. It's all about food.

So early Friday morning (e.g. 2:00 a.m.) while at Big Easy Cafe with Whitney and Tully, I found out that Whit-Walk has a penchant for LOST much like some of my other friends. And she hadn't seen the second season at all because she was in Australia. So we got all excited and talked about it.

Friday for lunch David had the brilliant idea of going to New-Dunbar's on Loyola's campus. Delicious. Fried chicken and jambalaya and seafood gumbo. For dinner I went with the girls to La Crepe Nanou. Pate and cheese plate, French onion soup, and a ridiculous amount of leg of lamb.

Then we went to the Daiq-Shack (the daiquiri place on riverbend) and bought a gallon of "push-up" and watched Clue.

Saturday I went with Rachel to her friend Adam's Mexican independence day party. I didn't stargaze at the premiere. Instead I was eating chips with unfinishable amounts of pico de gallo and guacamole along with grilled pork and jalapeno poppers. (All of this made from scratch, mind you.) Then downing it all with Dos Equis and Negro Modelo beers .

Then for dinner, Whitney and I ordered chicken and sausage gumbo, house salad, and grilled shrimp po-boys from Uptown Cajun.

Sunday Whitney, Tully, and I tried to go to Kyoto. (It's the only uptown Japanese restaurant I haven't frequented.) But it was closed, so we went to Hana instead. Oshi zushi box and Hana special roll.

Then for dinner I went with Whitney and the Brittanys to her family's for dinner. Roasted turkey, gravy, cranberry sauce, green beans, vegetables, mushroom rice, lots of wine and beer, and a huge red velvet cake and ice cream in honor of her 21st birthday which I think by now has lasted longer than both Becca's and mine combined.

No going out or eating out for a while... with a few exceptions I already have in mind.

Oh, and Whitney and I watched the entire second season of LOST in one weekend... in between meals... while drinking daiquiris and beer.

So yeah, I think this is the first "best" weekend of senior year and in the running for one of the best weekends I've ever had.

No comments: