Wednesday, April 30, 2008

TGI Tuesday?

Yesterday was pretty uneventful until I finally took Julia’s advice on “the best aperitivo” and went to Kitsch with Anna, Alison and Liane tagging along. It was good. We liked the drinks, the bartender, the food, the place, and even the slideshow projection on one wall. After that, we went back to Liane and Alison’s to drink vodka and play Thumper and Buzz. Liane made a comment about how she wishes she’d birthed Mindy, and I made a similar one about wishing I’d fathered her. Then she and I also contemplated what our child would look like if we ever had one. We settled on Mindy. We also realized it would be a very messed-up child, having a pothead mother and an alcoholic father and all. But it would be damn good at foosball, with both her offensive and my defensive skills. After that, we went “barhopping” several times between our favorite cultural association and my favorite bar, beginning with all the girls except Liz and adding Agata, her friends, Sergio, his friends, Domenico, Morten, and Thomas to our party in the process.

No comments: