Tuesday, April 15, 2008

blue Monday

Probably more like gray Monday given the rainy weather. Pretty chill day. Food styling we made a veal liver pate on fig crostini that could be served in a variety of ways. Either blended with cream and gelatin like a terrine or blended with butter to a more foie-gras-ish consistency. My mom would have probably loved the former and my dad the latter. Lisa, Jack, and I made it as an appetizer-size serving and also as an amuse-bouche. We ultimately decided that since it was so tasty and rich, it was better as a single bite amuse-bouche.

Graphic design was centered around making promotional material for the restaurant we dined at last week. I drafted a modernized (in looks, not in dishes) menu, the pdf of which is at school. I'll upload it later if I remember.

After that, it was rainy and I was tired and didn't want to be sick. So rather than go to aperitivo with Marissa and Helen (tempting as that was), I went home and crashed. I woke up to my roommates, Jack, and Juan hanging out in the apartment. We just drank some wine and chilled. Around midnight, they went home and I was wide awake. So I borrowed one of Henk's Italian films, I Cento Passi, which was quite good.

And now it's Monday, April 15th.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM! I LOVE YOU.


Otherwise, today has been a continuation of chill. But tonight, it's on like Donkey Kong. At midnight, I will be 23 years old. And I want to have had just enough wine maybe not to remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You'll have to let me know how 23 feels. I don't think I can handle any more aging... old and married and 23? Oh my.

...I thought you were just in Italy for the Spring semester?


-Jacque