Monday, December 18, 2006

best day of Lauren's life

Well, that's what she said. She called me when she got off work to wake me up and tell me to wake up Peter for our long-awaited lunch.

I missed Shannon's call, so I returned it. She came to eat too.

So when we got to Harrah's for the buffet, we realized it was Champagne Brunch. So we had to ante up a bit more than we planned, but it was so worth it.

What a great buffet with lots of delicious food, free mimosas, and Lauren's chocolate fountain.

After that I decided to play a little blackjack and have some Johnnie Walker Black and Lauren and Peter decided to join as well.

We all won, and Lauren and I even doubled our money. Then we went to Blockbuster to get Pulse aka "Veronica Mars and Boone Carlyle Vs. Cyber Demons." Oh yeah, you love it.

They're sexymart enough to fix cars without tools.

If you've forgotten how significant that movie, let me refer you to perhaps my favorite voicemail of all time:

"Andrew! hi, it's Lauren, um [laughs] (Peter in background: 'okay, drunk dial.') I'm not drunk-dialing you. I'm calling you about something important! I want... [laughs] I want to go see the movie Pulse when you get back because I really want to see it, and I think you'llgosee it with me ('drunk diiial') so please dooon't see it without me. call me back. bye. ('drunk di-') [click]"

No comments: