Tuesday, December 12, 2006

fun weekend

Thursday was great. I got to see three live musical performances.

Jonathan sang us a song he wrote for our English class as a review / "closing remarks" to end the semester.

Better Than Ezra played their awesome free show at McAlister in celebration of the new LBC UC.

Kermit Ruffins' live set at Vaughan's which, to Rachel's, Tara's, Ian's, and my collective dismay, he didn't finish because he got high even though he played through the blackouts.

Friday night was the pub crawl that Lauren and Becca had planned since they couldn't get drunk at the date party.

It seemed like so many of my favorite people (including CHAD!) were at Boot happy hour. Then a bunch of us (people kept comin' and goin') hit up Phillips, New Bruno's, Old Bruno's (where "Team Cleavage" stopped to dominate Photo Hunt), even TJ Quills for quick shots, Uptown Cajun, The Palms, and then The Boot again. Lauren, Lizzie, Leah, Becca, and I were the only five to "survive" the night.

And I tried to piggyback Lauren and Lizzie home (one at a time) but neither would last long before the other would yank her off.

Back at Lauren's, the two of us chilled with Sarah, ate honey nut cheerios, and then watched as Lauren lit a napkin on fire while labeling it "worst idea ever."

Saturday I had lunch at Babylon's Cafe with Adrian and Chad. I studied all afternoon then went to dinner and margaritas at Felipe's with Shannon. We were impressed by their full bar and then realized the owner also owns the liquor store across the street. After that it was Cooter Brown's with Lauren. Mission unaccomplished.

Sunday afternoon, Chad and I went down to the French Quarter to spend the afternoon at Harrah's drinking Johnnie Walker Black and playing blackjack. We were successful enough to buy a nice dinner at Cafe Giovanni on Decatur afterwards. We split prosciutto pinwheels as appetizers and a bottle of pinot noir, he had the shellfish stuffed shells in cream sauce over spinach, and I had duck breast in truffle sauce with crawfish and eggplant stuffing. After stuffing ourselves, we quickly walked down Bourbon Street for convention's sake and stopped real quick at Tropical Isle before heading back uptown to The Boot to play pool.

Today Lauren and I had to postpone the buffet lunch we were so excited about last night, so I went to the bubble for sushi with Chad and his Latinas. After a brief visit to Newcomb, Michelle, he, and I took the Tulane shuttle downtown to Riverwalk Mall so she could buy presents at The Body Shop while he felt the need to interact with everything labeled "Try Me!"

We went to Harrah's after since it was on the way back or whatever, and it wasn't as successful as yesterday but still fun and "free" drinks.

I studied for my English final with two classmates for about two hours and then went to Cram Jam with David, Lauren, and Stephanie.

Tomorrow when Chad leaves, my fun ends. I'm going to disconnect my internet and silence my phone...

...because now I have to deal with those pesky finals.

No comments: