Sunday, November 05, 2006

November thus far...

November has been pretty laidback so far. I had my English midterm on Thursday and apparently don't know the difference between feminist writers (surprising) and mistook Charlotte Bronte for Jane Austen. Oops, whatever. Jane "&" Austen wrote those other books like Sense & Sensibility and Pride & Prejudice. It could have been worse. I could have wrote in the essay that Alison Phillips or Andrew Marin wrote Jane Eyre. Speaking of Alison, I was able to give her a whole calendar of feminism on Thursday night. Let's backtrack.

Becca gave David and me her passes for a screening of Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan which was really funny and I'd say I recommend. It's too offensive to be taken seriously and aside from a rather eye-gouging nudity scene - You'll know it when you see it - I kind of want to watch again. It just came out yesterday. So after the screening we went with Becca, Matt, Lauren, and Bryan&Co to Phillips where I bought enough promotional Patron shots to get a free Girls of Phillips Calendar. (It's full of the cocktail waitresses and bartrendesses and now hanging in my kitchen.) I tried to give it to Alison when she and the girls picked me up to go to Vaughan's a few minutes later. She's derided it before, but she graciously refused.

Friday was just class and then sitting and then going to Rue De La Course with Rachel to read for class and then sitting some more and then going to Big Easy with Andre Agassi aka Wes because we were both hungry at like one in the morning.

Now I should get some work done before going to the gym, showering, finally shaving after a few days of not, and going out tonight.

Let's hope I can get back into the rhythm of regularly updates.

No comments: