Saturday, May 31, 2008

pit stop in DC

Tuesday I don’t remember what I did when I got back here, but I definitely didn’t unpack like I planned. My dad brought me to Balducci’s to get ingredients for dinner, but I was still drunk and tired. I don’t remember what I made, but the parents seemed to enjoy it.

Wednesday was my friend Ludovic’s birthday. We spent it playing Resident Evil 4, which he still hasn’t finished. And a little bit of Scrabble with his sister Katrina while barbequing. She beat me by one point. One point! But it didn’t matter because our only real concern wasn’t winning. It was just that he didn’t win. Dinner with them, their brother Stephane, and mom was awesome. We’d barbequed beef pork and chicken, and she’d made a cabbage and carrot fried rice. The rest of the evening we snacked on chili. And I even indulged in some of the fresh brownies they’d baked, a la mode with Ben and Jerry’s Fudge Brownie. Yeah. Too much but too good.

Thursday I spent hanging out with my mom before watching the LOST finale with her. A perfect at-home day as far as I’m concerned. And the finale wasn’t as in-your-face as previous ones, but I still loved it.

Friday was the most fun I’ve ever had getting stuck in an airport. I dumped my first-Florence-then-NOLA bag in my room and grabbed my other-Florence-now-Chicago bag and headed to the airport. My flight was delayed, so I grabbed some sushi for lunch and then brought it to the wine bar for a “flight” (aka a tasting). I tried on ties at Brooks Brothers and then spent a good amount of time playing with the devices at Brookstone. And then I got to Chicago!

No comments: