Monday, June 09, 2008

finally sitting down

When I got back here on Thursday, my mom was at a glass-fusing class, so my dad and I went to dinner at Matuba. We had a nice, atypical bonding conversation over dinner and the drive back. Friday we bought some goat curry and chicken stew from the local Caribbean place for lunch and I made an ancient Roman recipe, Parthian chicken for the parents for dinner. Saturday my mother and I went to the Armenian Festival in Old Town’s Market Square. We met up with one of her friends from work, who educated us on many things Armenian. Good times. After that I went to Ryanne’s new apartment in Silver Spring for her during-a-heat-wave house-warming party. So many old friends were there, and I was slightly relieved/appalled to hear that they’d all been reasonably out of touch too. (And I felt glad to have my excuse of being in Italy). Aaron, Chris, Claire, Eliza, Janet, Jeff, John, Lish, Max, Ona, Nate, and Susan. And some new people too. Good times. Lots of wine, lots of beer. No spilling on the new carpet. A few of us went to The Piratz Tavern for grog and other drinks. Yes, seriously. Great night.

Sunday my family, sans Adrian who’s not back from New Orleans yet, went to church and then had lunch at Bistro du Coin with one of my father’s old classmates who was in town for a conference. Then it was an unsuccessful quest for a Wii Fit for him to take back to the Philippines. Hungry again from all that driving(?) we grabbed dinner at The Fish Market in Old town.

Monday aka TODAY aka the day I finally updated my journal, I spent going to a dentist appointment, cleaning my room, unpacking FOR REAL, and updating this journal.

About a thousand pictures coming soon I promise!

I’m going to The Philippines, Vietnam, and Cambodia for a few weeks with my family. So after all these belated updates and the coming-soon photos, I’m going on indefinite hiatus again. An Asian update in a month or so is probable, but after that, it might be a wait again until my return to Florence. E-mails, IMs, facebook, phone calls, text messages… you know how to reach me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you know I'm half Armenian!!! Hope you enjoyed the food...yum!

Thanks for the secret bakery info...I'll let you know when I find it!