Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter weekend

Friday night was the official “Goodbye, Prima” dinner at Trattoria Zaza. Surely one of the best meals I’ve had here. But yeah, Prima’s going back to Mexico to make it in time for her sister April’s quinsiniera. Spring is finally here in Florence, pero Primaverais gone.

After dinner, I went out for a while with Marissa and some visiting British friends she’s made.

Saturday morning Ross called and woke me up because we’d planned to go to the market to get healthy trip snacks. Helen, Prima, John, and Jack all went too. I got a bag of raw cashews, but I doubt they’re going to make it even out of Italy at the rate I’m eating them.

Then Jack and I went to the Nazionale apartment to walk the girls to the train station, see them off, and say “hasta luego” to Prima.

I spent the afternoon doing some spring cleaning. I think L’Auberge Italienne is the cleanest it’s been since we got here. My night was chill. I packed and then went to the Nazionale girls’ apartment to spend the night there – without them sadly – so my walk this morning to the train station would be shorter.

Happy Easter. London is calling. I’m off.

No comments: